Businesses and organisations need to reach out to communities for a variety of reasons – to increase uptake of services, get local people to support your plans, ‘give something back’ through corporate social responsibility activities, support and motivate isolated groups, encourage behavioural change and widen participation or geographical reach.
What we do
We create tailored grassroots campaigns to get people’s ‘buy-in’, address fears or concerns and encourage action.
Community engagement is all about understanding your audience – how they perceive you, what the barriers are to reaching them, what they read and watch, where they go, what they’re interested in and what motivates them. We get under their skin and find ways of starting a dialogue with them.
How we do it
- Design and deliver public consultation exercises in the community and online
- Run roadshow-style outreach events in different locations
- Reach out to people through community hubs like schools, GPs surgeries, faith centres and childcare centres
- Write newsletters, letters, leaflets and other materials that keep people updated
- Build positive relationships with local print, radio, TV and online media
- Use social media to identify hard to reach, niche or hyperlocal communities, get involved in conversations and encourage discussion and debate