Directorbank – credibility with UK’s top chairmen
Directorbank was established in 1998 providing executive and non-executive directors to the private equity sector. They have a unique online network of more than 2,500 leading UK directors who want to take part in private equity backed deals.
Northern Lights was given the challenge of delivering a high impact campaign that would position Directorbank as a key player in the corporate arena, which it was moving into, particularly at FTSE level.
- Held a number of discussion forums with FTSE board directors and identified key boardroom issue – what makes an outstanding chairman
- Carried out research with 400 plus directors about chairmen they had worked with and named their own outstanding chairman
- The Directorbank senior team personally interviewed more than 30 of the named outstanding chairmen including Lord Marshall, Sir Richard Greenbury, Allan Leighton and Sir Rob Margetts
- Northern Lights wrote and project managed design and production of the report
- Agreed an exclusive major feature with the Financial Times. Co-ordinated mailings to arrive on directors’ desks and inboxes on the morning the feature appeared
- Carried out a wider PR campaign with regional and trade press, including the Evening Standard, Scotsman, Director, Accountancy Age, Birmingham Mail and Yorkshire Post
Nearly 2,000 reports were downloaded, plus hard copy requests, creating new contacts and brand awareness.
The Directorbank team met and built relationships with 30 of the UK’s most senior directors – a key goal of the campaign.