Arena Group – supporting a high growth business
Arena Group is an ambitious privately owned company. After 19 successful years in business it set a challenging target to double turnover and profit over five years.
The company, leaders in photocopiers and electronic document management (EDM), appointed us to create a professional marketing function to support its rapid growth.
We started with research and analysis – where did customers come from, what products were they buying and what was their customer retention? Arena’s customers love them – 98% would recommend them. But most were only buying one of their products or services.
Our strategy was to make sure all Arena’s customers knew about all their services and cross-sell to them.
Our key activities were
- An internal communications campaign so that all engineers and sales teams are able to sell all products
- Produced case studies and brochures showing the breadth of what Arena does – used by all employees
- Insights into their customer’s business issues – and focusing messages around solving their problems, not about what Arena does
- Developed industry understanding and expertise in key sectors, working with sector professionals
- Thought leadership lunches – to discuss industry issues and develop services around their needs
- Introduced innovation as a board and company-wide activity
- Wrote tender brief and project managed new website
- Helped Arena to meet and build long term, strategic and senior relationships with large corporates
- Developed the skills of the internal marketing team
Sales for managed print services have increased by 20% and Arena has retained and increased its education customers, despite changes in procurement.