"The event was highly professional, very practical for businesses and above all producing tangible results. We know at least a dozen businesses are now talking to universities about product development needs as a result."
Find out more
- Arena Group – supporting a high growth business
- Bradford University School of Management – business school makes innovative links
- Bradford University School of Management – embracing social media
- Business Link – positioning as key player with corporates
- Business Link – working with more diverse communities
- Clugston – maximising TV opportunities
- Directorbank – credibility with UK’s top chairmen
- Eureka! The National Children’s Museum – the experts in play and learning
- Hanson Green – How do we get our director featured in national press?
- Media training York St John University’s VC and top team – delivering confidence and skills
- Northern Lights PR internship – addressing lack of diversity in the communications profession
- Northern Lights PR marketing network – making everyone responsible for internal communications
- The National Centre for Post-Qualifying Social Work at Bournemouth University – promote the centre and its new national status
- UK Trade & Investment – integrate social media into marketing and PR strategies
- University of Leeds Faculty of Medicine and Health – communicating the impact of international research
- Walker Morris – LinkedIn for partners
- York St John University – widening participation and geographical reach of undergraduate recruitment
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority – reaching new communities
- Yorkshire Universities – regional universities winning business contracts
Yorkshire Universities – regional universities winning business contracts
Rosie Winterton MP, Regional Minister for Yorkshire and Humber, asked Northern Lights to help increase collaborations between the region’s universities and businesses.
We organised an evening reception at Leeds Met Rose Bowl which attracted 150 of the region’s most senior business people and 100 academics, to network and learn from some of the region’s flagship collaborations. There was a particular focus on technologies around low carbon energy, healthcare and the environment.
Organised presentations from
- University of Sheffield and Siemens, Wind power research centre
Professor Zi-Qiang Zhu, Head of Electrical Machines and Drives Group
- University of Leeds and Slipstream Energy, Aerodynamic performance of wind turbines
Dr Mike Roberts, Director – Slipstream Energy Ltd
- University of Huddersfield and Taylor Hobson
Professor Paul Scott, Visiting Professor, School of Computing and Engineering
- University of York and Boots, Developing skin care range from plant oils
Steve Boothroyd, Patent Manager Boots Brands and Exclusives Product
Worked with the Knowledge Transfer leads at all 11 of the region’s universities to produce a z-card – pocket information – of business collaborations and contact details.
Key results included
- 23 new relationships formed to date
- In evaluation, 100% said the event had been useful
- 7 businesses and 5 universities took up offers of help to broker relationships
“(The event) enabled people like myself to engage with companies and business contacts in an informal yet business oriented environment and to do that in one place, at one time – a feat that would have otherwise taken months to achieve.”
John Frankland, Acting Director, Knowledge Exchange, The Enterprise Centre, University of Hull