"Great overview of the different types of social media – I now know which are most relevant and will incorporate in my marketing strategy."
Find out more
- Arena Group – supporting a high growth business
- Bradford University School of Management – business school makes innovative links
- Bradford University School of Management – embracing social media
- Business Link – positioning as key player with corporates
- Business Link – working with more diverse communities
- Clugston – maximising TV opportunities
- Directorbank – credibility with UK’s top chairmen
- Eureka! The National Children’s Museum – the experts in play and learning
- Hanson Green – How do we get our director featured in national press?
- Media training York St John University’s VC and top team – delivering confidence and skills
- Northern Lights PR internship – addressing lack of diversity in the communications profession
- Northern Lights PR marketing network – making everyone responsible for internal communications
- The National Centre for Post-Qualifying Social Work at Bournemouth University – promote the centre and its new national status
- UK Trade & Investment – integrate social media into marketing and PR strategies
- University of Leeds Faculty of Medicine and Health – communicating the impact of international research
- Walker Morris – LinkedIn for partners
- York St John University – widening participation and geographical reach of undergraduate recruitment
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority – reaching new communities
- Yorkshire Universities – regional universities winning business contracts
UK Trade & Investment – integrate social media into marketing and PR strategies
Northern Lights was appointed by UKTI to run tailored workshops for smaller businesses looking to use social media to support their exporting strategies.
The challenge was to teach the basics about what social media is, for many businesses, but at the same time show how it can be used to support marketing activities.
Some of the key points were
- Don’t start using social media at random. It must be part of your marketing and PR strategy
- Consider who you want to reach and find out what social media your clients are using
- Research the social media used in the countries you are targeting and consider cultural differences and privacy laws
- Social media can be a cost effective way of communicating and marketing across borders
- Social media is about engaging with your audience – not advertising at them
- Keep your online content fresh and current
Northern Lights carried out advance research with the businesses attending to gauge their existing knowledge and use of social media – and identify which countries interested them. The course was tailored with examples relevant to each business attending.
The workshops have been highly successful. Evaluation from the businesses showed
- 100% said the event was helpful or very helpful
- 100% said the workshop was relevant to their businesses