“Northern Lights has helped us focus more on our customers and the way they think and to get all our employees on board with what we are doing. We are really proud of our new website and literature – it is so customer-focused – and despite the challenging economy we are achieving our growth plans.”
Find out more
- Arena Group – supporting a high growth business
- Bradford University School of Management – business school makes innovative links
- Bradford University School of Management – embracing social media
- Business Link – positioning as key player with corporates
- Business Link – working with more diverse communities
- Clugston – maximising TV opportunities
- Directorbank – credibility with UK’s top chairmen
- Eureka! The National Children’s Museum – the experts in play and learning
- Hanson Green – How do we get our director featured in national press?
- Media training York St John University’s VC and top team – delivering confidence and skills
- Northern Lights PR internship – addressing lack of diversity in the communications profession
- Northern Lights PR marketing network – making everyone responsible for internal communications
- The National Centre for Post-Qualifying Social Work at Bournemouth University – promote the centre and its new national status
- UK Trade & Investment – integrate social media into marketing and PR strategies
- University of Leeds Faculty of Medicine and Health – communicating the impact of international research
- Walker Morris – LinkedIn for partners
- York St John University – widening participation and geographical reach of undergraduate recruitment
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority – reaching new communities
- Yorkshire Universities – regional universities winning business contracts
Arena Group – supporting a high growth business
Arena Group is an ambitious privately owned company. After 19 successful years in business it set a challenging target to double turnover and profit over five years.
The company, leaders in photocopiers and electronic document management (EDM), appointed us to create a professional marketing function to support its rapid growth.
We started with research and analysis – where did customers come from, what products were they buying and what was their customer retention? Arena’s customers love them – 98% would recommend them. But most were only buying one of their products or services.
Our strategy was to make sure all Arena’s customers knew about all their services and cross-sell to them.
Our key activities were
- An internal communications campaign so that all engineers and sales teams are able to sell all products
- Produced case studies and brochures showing the breadth of what Arena does – used by all employees
- Insights into their customer’s business issues – and focusing messages around solving their problems, not about what Arena does
- Developed industry understanding and expertise in key sectors, working with sector professionals
- Thought leadership lunches – to discuss industry issues and develop services around their needs
- Introduced innovation as a board and company-wide activity
- Wrote tender brief and project managed new website
- Helped Arena to meet and build long term, strategic and senior relationships with large corporates
- Developed the skills of the internal marketing team
Sales for managed print services have increased by 20% and Arena has retained and increased its education customers, despite changes in procurement.